Saturday, September 16, 2006

roller coaster

My dad is worse. They’ve put him on the respirator again, his lungs are filled with fluid. He was better for two days and now he’s back under sedation. We are all in shock and grief. I can only pray he will recover from this latest setback. Just yesterday he was sitting up and asking for jello and juice. It was the one day I decided to not go to the hospital since he was so much better, and all the visitors were tiring him out. Now I wish I had gone anyway, just to see him.

3 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

A few years ago my Dad suffered congestive heart-failure. A blood clott in his leg broke free and travelled to his lung. When we pushed the panic button I realized just how lucky we are to have the health care system we do.

It's been a few days since your post, I hope all is well and improving.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

7:16 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

So sorry to hear this... Things have been mental at work / school, so I have been generally out of touch. Let's try to connect soon...

Hugs to you and yours.

9:24 p.m.  
Blogger wthenrest said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad. That is always stressful... no matter how elderly they are or aren't.
I will be thinking of you

11:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home