Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fit to be tied

...whatever that means. This is actually a rant about my cat. I think I would be quite happy to have my younger cat Daisy stuffed and mounted or perhaps turned into a little cat-rug, snarling face and claws displayed, just like they do with bears. She has developed the annoying habit of waiting until Samuel is almost asleep in my arms, and then walking over and yelling “MIAO!” as if to say: oh, there you are, WHERE’S SUPPER?? Or “LET ME OUT!” or some other cattish indignation. I don’t know why she waits until the moment of sleep, or whether she realizes I’ve disappeared into the baby’s room for too long and it’s time to come get me, or what. Regardless of the workings of her kittycat brain, it’s supremely annoying. Sigh. Now when she walks into the room I either make growling noises to deter her (doesn’t work, and gets comically puzzled – and awake – looks from Sam) or I try to keep the door closed altogether, which means she miaos even louder just outside.

To compound the problem, Samuel has decided he hates sudden loud noises – the blender, the weed whacker, the lawn mower, loud laughter, all will set off a screaming fit of fear which takes several minutes to comfort. Needless to say, an inopportune miao qualifies as a sudden loud noise. Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Sounds like jealousy to me!

6:55 p.m.  
Blogger Bast said...

Jealousy - abso-paws-olutely!!! But Daisy will get hers as soon as Samuel starts to walk around, and pull her tail, and yank her ear, and, well, you get the picture.

11:22 p.m.  
Blogger wthenrest said...

Dido on the jealousy!! and on the revenge...wahahahhaa cats are wierd.
Mine was meowing at 4 in the morning for 2 weeks after I returned from my trip. He knows he was pissing me off... they are evil in a way... good thing they are so cute.

11:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home