Friday, December 08, 2006

And now the evening news

On a completely different note, I had coffee with this guy today who a) is at LEAST twenty years older than me b) actually hunted me down after a chance encounter during a choral concert when I was six months pregnant, and c) called several times over the past YEAR to ask how I was doing. I finally said yes to coffee and dragged Samuel and myself over to the local coffee shop after gymboree today.

It was all very wierd. I mean, I dont' want to think of myself as ageist, but what was he DOING? Why would a sixty year old man try to attract a forty something new mom? Curiosity will be the end of me. Not that I figured it out, in the end. I had coffee, we chatted, I left. I'm hoping he doesn't call again. I didn't make any effort to be particularly amenable, in fact I think I was downright ornery. Not ornery enough to come right out and ASK why he wanted to have coffee with me. bizarre.

4 Comments:

Blogger soap said...

Is it his age that's really bothering you, or his interest?

(it's all very intriguing...)

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

You went OUT with him??? OK, remind me to smack you next time I see you... If you went out for him for any reason OTHER than blog fodder, we will have to have a word...

12:45 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why? Does being of a certain age mean he's got the cooties? What's wrong with him??

8:33 a.m.  
Blogger wthenrest said...

mmm I am with sissoula... I think the questions you are asking are misdirected... why did you accept to begin with ? mmmm ? age means nothing... Plus why wouldn't he ask you? You are fabulous!!! So you have a son, maybe he just takes the package as is.

11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home