Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Customs

I forgot to mention: the customs guy asked me where the father's permission slip was for Samuel. And the idiocy (mine, not his) began.

z: oh, he doesn't need one. He's a donor baby.
CG: sez you. Do you have a long form birth certificate?
z: No, I didn't bring it. I had to hand all that stuff in to get the passport, I assumed they'd make a note on it.
CG: well, they didn't.
z: actually, yes they did - see? it says "signature not required"
CG (shows me my passport and the baby's open at the same page, says slowly and clearly): ummm. Ma'am, that's for the baby. The BABY's signature is not required. See yours has your signature. He doesn't write yet. Maybe next time bring the long form birth certificate?
z (sheepish): oh, yes, okay.

I skulked away trying not to look too idiotic. But at least I got in. Whew.

2 Comments:

Blogger Turtle Guy said...

Funny! ...bit of an attitude on that there Customs Guy!

11:56 p.m.  
Blogger wthenrest said...

See looking like an idiot DOES pay off... I tell you this smart thing just isn't worth it.
Lets look at some examples.
Bush = president aka idiot
Anna Nicole = rich crack H aka idiot
Donald Trump= millionaire w/ bad hair aka idiot -get over the Rosie thing already
See power and money still to the idiots of the world.

10:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home