Monday, March 21, 2011

On your mark! Get Set!

I've managed to completely relinquish all self control for the past few days, in the name of having my last hurrah before the eating stops. I've noshed my way through almost 8 pieces of fudge (yum) and have been eating full suppers. yoicks. Then I went to my mom's for lunch yesterday and ate insane amounts of food. The whole psychology of eating is fascinating. I don't eat for comfort, I don't eat emotionally, and I don't eat when I'm full. I tend to eat badly mostly when I'm bored. Bored, or in the vicinity of tempting food. What's a girl to do if there's a whole TRAY of fudge leering at her from the counter??

I'm meeting the diet tech this afternoon to learn the procedure and, I assume, how to inject myself (zoicks) with the hormones. I sure hope she has a 24x7 support plan for the wimps like me. As in "help I fainted trying to stick the needle in, what do I do now?" or "help I'm hungry!" or "help I have to visit my mom!"

Anyone who knows my past history of fainting for no reason whatever, will doubtless be shaking their head about now. Never fear, if I can't watch myself stick a needle in I'll just jam it into my butt! AND I won't be able to see the needle! Butts are very forgiving of injustices.  After all we sit on them all day, what's a needle or two? ...or twenty-six? ...gulp. 

I think the most worrying thing is that I won't be able to eat very much. I've never done that before. One of the guys at kung fu fasts once a week. My Aji (grandmother) used to do that too. Moi, not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home