Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 11: Chastisements

BMI: 22.6

I got rid of a whopping 1.5 lbs of fat yesterday, according to the scale. I went for a session with the trainer this morning only to get an earful of how I'm starving myself and HCG doesn't work and bla bla bla. It's quite frustrating, I will have to tell him I really don't want to hear any more of his opinion - I even sent him the Dr Simeon manuscript but he still discounts it. I think people with a scientific mind are naturally inclined to dislike or discount everything on sight.

The thing that bothers me more than his opinion is what it implies about my judgement: does he really think I'd be willing to subject myself to (his implied) starvation just to lose a few pounds? Or that I would engage in an activity I haven't thoroughly researched? Sheesh. He obviously doesn't know of my ongoing love affair with food.

Where was I? oh yes, yesterday I was given a stern talking to by the Program Director (PD) for trying to get creative with the eating regimen:

PD (looking at food diary): so, it says here you had chutney, what's that?
Me (chirpily): oh, I got this fabulous recipe - it's got mint, onion, garlic and jalapenos. It's divine!
PD: ...mmm hmmm. So, let's look at your list of acceptable food. Where do you see jalapenos?
Me (long pause): oh. well. you know I kind of lumped it in as a herb...sort of... (sheepish look)
PD: ...mmm hmmm. and what does it say right below your list of acceptable food?
Me (another long pause): umm. well. "If it isn't on the list don't eat it"
PD: ...mmm hmmm. Do you really want to spend 26 days and a boat load of money doing this only to end up getting less than fabulous results?
Me (small voice): umm, no? 
PD: damn right! so WTF are you doing?! Get your head in the zone! You can do it! Just DO WHAT THE PROGRAM SAYS!!!

...or something along those lines. I'm pretty sure she didn't say WTF but I'm equally sure she was thinking it.

I think I'm congenitally incapable of following simple rules. Anyone who's watched me fill out a form will be able to attest to the veracity of my statement. Anyway, she was right so I've pulled up my britches, girded my loins and greased my elbows, I'm sticking to the plan! Thank God for Frank's Hot Sauce. FRANK I LOVE YOU!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home